Monday, February 15, 2010

My CNY & Valentines

First of all, Happy Roaring New Year & a Lovely Valentines to everyone (belated Valentines that is). But who's counting, everyday can be Valentines if one wants it to be.


I managed to spend my CNY eve night / CNY morning a little differently this year. I've never really been out of the house much previous years (actually, almost never out from the house..literally) This year however, managed to look see at some pretty sights and a different experience.


Visited the Penang Buddhist Association temple, lotsa bright lights, praying and stuffs. The beautification of the temple looks amazing. Much different from what I remembered (some 12-13 yrs ago. The buddha tree looks as big and tall as ever. I quite like the leaves, cos of its shape and appearance. And one particular tree which my friend showed me, actually had a "face" on it, the branches stretched out, bench like for ppl to sit on type. When I first looked at it, it kinda looked weird with the face, but after that, I think the face gradually kinda looked like it was smiling. (imagination / mirage ?)


After that, went to another small like temple (house converted cum temple), they were having the lion / dragon dance performances. The drum beat kinda made my heart beat even more (LOL! chi kek-ness...but a bit too much for me to bear. Was kinda tiring) Have been a long time since I've last watched performances up close.


Along the way, people were playing with fireworks. Shot after shot of colourful fireworks lit up the night sky. (Goes to show how rare I've looked out of my own window to see such things)

Anyway, it's been a fun & pleasant experience CNY for me this year so far. Hopefully more good stuffs to come. *Rawwwr* LOL!

No comments:

What I Do & Like Doing & Likes...

(1) Teaching Kids (2) Volunteering (3) Crochet Flowers (4) Arts & Crafts (5) Virtual Farming/Cafe (6) Swimming (7) Singing (8) Salmon Sushi (9) J-Co Donuts (10) Pasta (11) Watermelon (12) Beach