Tuesday, February 02, 2010

New Experience

Who would've thought that helping and "saving" people would be such an experience. It really requires so much effort, patience, team work and focus.

This year's Thaipusam is my first (and probably THE only Thaipusam I've ever been to for the past 29 yrs). There's so much mixture of feelings and thoughts, but mostly a satisfying feeling I guess.

I've never really helped nor "saved" people before, as in actually applying actual first aid / medical knowledge. And being away from it for the past 10 yrs or so ain't helping much either. So, in a way, I'm considered totally "new" to it.

It was really a great experience to work alongside my friends, and some great doctors during that day. Who willingly shared their knowledge and guided me through some hands-on-experiences.

Thank you everyone, for making my "new" experience such an unforgetable and somewhat enjoyable one. (Luckily I didn't have to repeatedly climb up and down few hundred flights of stairs) The tophill view was remarkable.

Oh yea, thanks to some youth's (SXI guys) for the "peacock" debate. I had such a great laugh about it. Time to start watching more animal planet / national geographic eh ?

My mom's quote / question of the day : Who rules the world?
Answer : The hand that rocks the cradle (WOMEN!!!)

2 comments:

pilocarpine said...

what peacock debate?

Renee said...

There were some peacocks at the hill top next to the temple - 2 different looks. So we asked the boy & girl youths, which is the male / female - the attractive colourful one, or less attractive dull coloured one.

What I Do & Like Doing & Likes...

(1) Teaching Kids (2) Volunteering (3) Crochet Flowers (4) Arts & Crafts (5) Virtual Farming/Cafe (6) Swimming (7) Singing (8) Salmon Sushi (9) J-Co Donuts (10) Pasta (11) Watermelon (12) Beach