Saturday, July 11, 2009

My First...(part 2)

continue...

4) Handphone

This must be my funniest memory of all. Cos it all started with a bet with my dad. He bet that IF I scored 4A's in my SPM, he would definately give up smoking this time. I accepted the challenged, and did whatever I could for the exam. When the results were out, I actually got 4A's (bet he didn't see that coming, he probably was counting his luck that I'd scored maybe 1-2 A short), but my dad kinda swapped something even better for me instead. hhehe....so that's how I got my first nokia handphone.

5) Sushi & Sake

Thanks to my brother who first introduced me to sushi some 13 yrs back *I think (back then there was only SushiKing). So now, I'm very much hooked with sushi...kinda addicted to it (if only I could eat as much as I could, buffet's all you can eat might sound nice) Cheap & good salmon sushi's my fav !! (Sushi anyone? Arigato Gozaimazu!) As for my first Sake drink, it was during one of my birthday. My first impression was, it tastes like "banana + vanila" essence thingy... (weird)

6) Driving & Getting Lost

My first time driving alone, just after I got my driving license, and I ended up lost god-knows-where, didn't know how to get back home just because I took a wrong turn. Luckily, Penang is an island, so it's safe to go round and round and round...as long as I don't cross the bridge. Anyway, lucky for me, there was an event of muhibbah function going on, saw some policemen diverting traffic, managed to ask them the way back. Thank my lucky stars too that I was wise enough to fill up my car with petrol before embarking on this "dangerous" journey. It was getting kinda late and dark too.

Oh yea, first time driving at NIGHT too, while getting LOST. First thing I did coming back home, prayed to "Kuan Yin" and cried, thanking her for guiding me back home safely. This is also partly why I never want to drive alone, especially to ulu & alien known places to me. (I'm also a directionless prawn head with totally no sense of direction at all. A compass is of no use to me either...go figure)

No comments:

What I Do & Like Doing & Likes...

(1) Teaching Kids (2) Volunteering (3) Crochet Flowers (4) Arts & Crafts (5) Virtual Farming/Cafe (6) Swimming (7) Singing (8) Salmon Sushi (9) J-Co Donuts (10) Pasta (11) Watermelon (12) Beach